Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:03:18 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Paul M. Dorfman" <sashole@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Output files on the mainframe
Comments: To: gh <ehankamo@UCI.EDU>

Ed,

1) What kind of file are you writing? RTF? HTML?...? 2) LRECL of a flat TSO file being limited to 32k does not mean it cannot swallow more than 32k worth of data. 3) Are you setting LRECL as a FILE statement option or as a DCB attribute when the file is allocated. You may have not allocated a file with LRECL long enough. 4) Make sure RECFM=FB and LRECL is long enough. I have not encountered any problems writing HTMLs/RTFs with as short a record as as 8k. 5) After ODS has written to it, FTP is to PC as binary. 6) Show us relevant parts of your code, including ones where you allocate your file and write to it; it will facilitate better help.

Kind regards, ---------------- Paul M. Dorfman Jacksonville, FL ----------------