Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:01:50 -0700
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Boris Ratchev <bratchev@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Running SPSS from Excel.

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of programs built to run SPSS from Excel using the SPSS object hierarchy in Sax Basic. It has been a harrowing experience for me so far because of SPSS instability when being run from Excel. By instability I mean error messages when the code tackles SPSS objects at runtime like SPSS memory could not be "read", not enough memory, etc. Or SPSS will just get hung up, and make Excel "wait" for it to finish.

Anyone had this problem before? Any pointers?

Will be most obliged.

Boris Rachev Caliber Associates Fairfax, VA