Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:11:36 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca>
Subject:      Re: to find second minimal value

Hi

Assuming you have version 12, you can use OMS to export the result of the following command to a *.sav file:

EXAMINE VARIABLES=ALL /COMPARE GROUP /STATISTICS EXTREME(2) /PLOT=NONE /MISSING LISTWISE /NOTOTAL.

The above also assumes that there are only numeric variables in the data file.

If you have both strings and numeric variable, you can use macro described in file#3 of http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/Macros.htm#MacroGems to create a macro that contains only the list of numeric variables. You can then use that macro instead of the keyword ALL in the above syntax.

HTH

Raynald Levesque rlevesque@videotron.ca Visit my SPSS site: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Qinghai Huang Sent: September 15, 2004 1:35 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: to find second minimal value

Hi!

I have around 500 variables. I would like to find the minimal and the second minimal values for each variables and save these values to a new file. Anyone could tell me how to do?

Regards, Qinghai Huang Stockholm U.