Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:08:00 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Roger DeAngelis <xlr82sas@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Discouraged with Version 9.1 of SAS

Hi All,

First I tried

proc sql; select median(age) from Sashelp.class; quit;

But it returned each age.

I realize there is no sense of order in a relational database and the median would be difficult to implement. Looks like the median is even less useful than the 'montonic' fuction

Next I tried to use 'proc document' with 'proc report' and got a response that 'report' was not supported. (Tabulate and Print are supported) Regards Roger