Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Oct 2004 17:26:42 +0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         KUMAR Arun <KUMARA@ESSILOR.COM.SG>
Subject:      Re: %SCAN with quotes and blank used as delimiters
Comments: To: Dubravko Dolic <dubro@DOLIC.DE>

Hi, Try this: %put %qSCAN(%nrbquote(&list), &counter, %str(%"));

I assume that the macro var &counter resolvs in odd integers like 1, 3, 5 etc.. Hope it helps..

Regards Arun

-----Original Message----- From: Dubravko Dolic [mailto:dubro@DOLIC.DE] Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 5:11 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: %SCAN with quotes and blank used as delimiters

Dear all,

I try to split a list of footnotes into single footnotes using %SCAN.

%let list = "footnote1: content" "Some other footnote" "my 3rd footnote";

Now something like

%SCAN(&list, &counter, %str("));

or

%SCAN(&list, &counter, %str(%" ));

should do it to read each single footnote.

Any hints?

Thank you

Dubravko Dolic