Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:42:22 -0500
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Weiss, Mark" <Mark.Weiss@COMPUWARE.COM>
Subject:      Re: CICS testing tool

Soumitra,

You can no longer obtain CICS Playback by Compuware. It is not an option.

Mark Weiss

-----Original Message----- From: CICS List [mailto:CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of soumitra mandal Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 8:24 AM To: CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: CICS testing tool

Hello,

I am looking for some tool like CICS playback to execute unit and system test in CICS/COBOL/IMS/DB2/some assembler programs environment. I would like to know the tools available. This tool should be able to record scripts from user terminals. Then it should run afterwards and capture the output (Screen/TSQ/TDQ/Database/File etc). One should be able to compare the captured outputs.

I have heard 4 options so far: CICS Playback by Compuware Hiperstation by Compuware TPNS by IBM Replay by CA

If any of you has experience with these tools or some other tools please tell me your experience regarding the use of it and installation of it.

Finally is it possible to get user manuals or evaluation copy of tool before I can recommend the tool for purchase?

Regards. Soumitra