Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:55:22 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Martins Liberts <Martins.Liberts@csb.gov.lv>
Subject:      Re: Adding Group totals in the same file

Hi,

***Untested syntax***.

agg out="temp.sav" /break year age gender /a1 a2 a3 a4=sum(a1 a2 a3 a4).

add files /file=* /file="temp.sav" /in gr_tot.

sort cases by year age gender gr_tot.

-- Martins Liberts Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia address: Lacplesa iela 1, Riga, LV-1301, Latvia phone: 371-7366877 email: Martins.Liberts@csb.gov.lv

"Paparodopoulos, Nikos" <NPaparodopoulos@ing.gr> Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 22.11.2004 10:51 Please respond to "Paparodopoulos, Nikos"

To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: Adding Group totals in the same file

Dear list,

I have a set of Group Variables i.e. Year, Age, Gender and a series of Numeric Variables A1, A2, A3, A4.

I would like to create & insert a new case in the existing sav. file showing the Totals for each Numeric variable following each combination of Group Variable values.

I.e a new case with group totals for A1, A2, A3, A4 should follow immediately after Year - 1999 , Age - 20, Gender - Male

Year - 1999 , Age - 20, Gender - Female

Year - 1999 , Age - 21, Gender - Male

Year - 1999 , Age - 21, Gender - Female etc.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Nikos Paparodopoulos