Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:21:29 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "gsnell@datasavantconsulting.com"
              <gsnell@DATASAVANTCONSULTING.COM>
Subject:      Beware this non-error SQL error

Just a quick heads-up to those of you with error-scanning programs/functions that I have just run across the following missed error. This was a V8 batch job creating SAS datasets from Oracle tables using PROC SQL. It was a simple pull without any joins or conditions. Here is the only indication of failure I received:

--------------- Segmentation Violation In Task ( SQL ] Fault Occurred at [0x103ebc54(?)]

Task Traceback

sqxcrta -- bridge stub sqlloop -- bridge stub NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors. Stack overflow detected In Task ( SQL ] Fault Occurred at [0x103ebc54(?)]

But check-out the notes at the end of my job:

--------------- NOTE: SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC USA 27513-2414 NOTE: The SAS System used: real time 28:01.32 cpu time 12:47.91 ---------------

Except for the simple note about "stopped processing" there is no other "typical" indication that an error occurred. Looks like I need to add "stopped processing" when scanning for "errors".

Regards,

Gregg P. Snell Data Savant Consulting

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .