Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:53:03 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         s huynh <senthuynh@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      How to break out Patient Full Name into Last,
              First and Middle Name

Hi,

Can anyone help me separate the following PATIENT_NM variable into FIRST_NM, LAST_NM, and MIDDLE_NM fields?

I want it to look like this: LAST_NM FIRST_NM MIDDLE_NM LARSON LARREE E

PATIENT_NM LARSON,LARREE,E, CHAVES,DOROTHY,I, MAYERS,BURNELL,, DUGGS,JOHNNIE,, SCOTT,LAURY,E, HUMPHREY,BALTHA,J, LUDLOWE,ROBERTO,K, HIGH,ROSEI,V, KNOX,JACQUIE,N,

Thank you in advance for your help.