Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:25:48 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Richard A. DeVenezia" <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: List all files in a folder that meet name and date conditions

Wall, Steven wrote: > SAS-L: > > I have a macro (which probably came from SAS-L originally) that > returns the names of all files in > a given folder (PATH=) that match some naming convention I specify > (FILE=). I'd like to modify to also have a date condition so, for > example, I could ask it to give me all the *.SAS files in a folder > that have been created since Jan 1, 2004. Ideally, this would be > accomplished by adding a line or two to what I already have. > > Current code is included below. Thanks for any advice you can give > me.

The only information you can get about a file from the SAS file function FINFO() are: File Name RECFM LRECL

You will have to ask the OS for a directory listing and parse out the relevant information, this has been discussed numerous times in past threads.

This macro might be useful: www.devenezia.com/downloads/sas/macros/?m=findfiles (windows-only)

-- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com/