Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:35:30 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Martins Liberts <Martins.Liberts@csb.gov.lv>
Subject:      Re: file already in use

Hi lister,

Is there some new workaround for this annoying error?

>Error # 62 in column 9. Text: C:\My Documents\Darbs\IntraStat\data_200407 >The file is already in use. >This command not executed.

CACHE. EXECUTE. Doesn't help this time for me. Probably I don't know where to put the cache commands, but I have tried several places, but still the error is popping up.

I get the error after executing following commands:

get file=!dataq+"\Edited\Updated\"+!varq+"_"+!subgrq+".sav". agg out=!dataq+"\Work\resp.sav" /break nmk /del=n.

The problem obviously is with file "resp.sav".

It is because previously I have run the command:

match files /file=* /table=!dataq+"\Work\resp.sav" /in resp /table="C:\My Documents\Darbs\IntraStat\Ramis\"+!varq+"_2.sav" /in frame /by nmk /drop=del.

I have tried to put cache after the match and before agg, but it doesn't helps.

I know that it will be OK if I will just restart the SPSS program, but it is silly.

Any ideas?

-- Martins Liberts Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia address: Lacplesa iela 1, Riga, LV-1301, Latvia phone: 371-7366877 email: Martins.Liberts@csb.gov.lv

Raynald Levesque <rlevesque@videotron.ca> Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 24.07.2004 14:18 Please respond to Raynald Levesque

To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc: Subject: Re: file already in use

Hi

* Insert the following commands before the save command: CACHE. EXECUTE.

HTH

Raynald Levesque rlevesque@videotron.ca Visit my SPSS site: http://pages.infinit.net/rlevesqu/

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Jed J. Teres Sent: July 23, 2004 2:46 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: file already in use

When I try to save a file, I am getting told that the file is already in use. What gives?

ex:

get file='d:\directory\file.sav'.

save outfile='d:\directory\newfile.sav'.

I am thus told that "newfile.sav" is already in use.

Why??

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.