Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Dec 2004 14:45:10 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Flom <flom@NDRI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: How long does it take to learn SAS,and how good is the
              Learning Edition
Comments: To: express_myself_01@YAHOO.COM

This question is just so vague that it's hard to answer. Learn what parts of SAS? And learn it how well? In order to do what?

I've been using SAS Base and SAS Stat pretty steadily for about a decade. I'm STILL learning. And that's just a little of BASE and a lot of STAT. There's tons of stuff in BASE I don't know, not to mention all the other SAS modules....

Could you provide some detail?

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core Center for Drug Use and HIV Research National Development and Research Institutes 71 W. 23rd St www.peterflom.com New York, NY 10010 (212) 845-4485 (voice) (917) 438-0894 (fax)

>>> <express_myself_01@YAHOO.COM> 12/15/2004 2:31:35 PM >>> A friend of mine wants to learn SAS. For those of you who have learned it recently, how long did it take to know a reasonable amount, and what resources did you use?

Did anyone learn via the Learning Edition?

Please give me ideas on what has helped you learn SAS.

I may be helping him to learn SAS, but it has been a long time since I first learned it.

Thanks for any info you can give.

EM