Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2004, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:38:06 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andrew Farrer <andrew.farrer@CIBC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Segmentation Violation error

I think it is rare for SAS-generated Segmentation Violation faults to be caused only by user memory allocations. The usual tricks to resolve these faults involve starting another session, waiting for the system to calm down and even running from a different sub-directory. As a last resort, I will try a another version at a different patch level. There is no point analysing the core dump since the environmental conditions are always changing on a shared machine. Tinkering with MEMSIZE has no effect unless there is an obvious memory limitation indicated in the SAS log. I wish I had the time to get more hard evidence.