Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:00:29 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tim Keyes <Tim_Keyes@DNR.STATE.GA.US>
Subject:      Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center

Hello all,

Here are a few highlights of birds seen at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center over the last week or so.

American Woodcock: 8-10 displaying along Marben Farms Road. A good place to look would be the Multi-use trail parking lot around 6PM. The Annotated Checklist states the highest count is 16 birds on Piedmont NWR/Rum Creek WMA in December of 1992. Since there is a lot more similar habitat on Charlie Elliott that we didn't explore a few nights back, my guess is a concerted effort could turn up more than 16 birds. Maybe tonight...

Red-tailed Hawk 4 Red-shouldered Hawk 4 Coopers Hawk 1 Sharp-shinned Hawk 1 Northern harrier 2 American Kestrel 1 Barn Owl 1 Lesser Scaup 1 Pied-billed Grebe 2 Loggerhead Shrike 1 White-crowned Sparrow 5+ Vesper Sparrow 30+ Fox sparrow 7 American Pipit 8

Tim Keyes Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center 543 Elliott Trail Mansfield GA 30055 (770) 784-3059