Date:         Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:20:21 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Colin Valdiserri <Colin_Valdiserri@marketstrategies.com>
Subject:      Discriminant Analysis - Typing Tool

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out with some info or resources on creating a typing tool/simulator for a segmentation using discriminant analysis. At this point I have 5 segments, and have run the discriminant analysis using the segment membership as the DV and most predictive of the basis variables from the segmentation as the IV's. My cross-validation reproducibility rate is 93% so I feel confident using these variables.

At this point I know I take the coefficients from the discrim times the response plus the next coefficient times the response, but how do I know once I have done this, what value equals segment 1, segment 2, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Colin