Date:         Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:34:11 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Constantina Stamou <c_stamou@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject:      Goodness of Fit in Ordinal Logistic

Dear All,

As I understand it, in ordinal logistic regression Model chi-square and Deviance chi-square may be both used to assess goodness-of-fit of the model. Also, that Model chi-square needs to be significant whereas Deviance chi-square must not for a good model fit. What happens when Model chi-square is found non-significant, and Deviance chi-square is also found non-significant? Which of the two statistics is to be followed? This is not a hypothetical question, it is the result SPSS produced for one of my datasets.

Thank you in advance.

___________________________________________________________ ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun! http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com