Date:         Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:32:36 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Kruger <aa3657@wayne.edu>
Subject:      Re: [BULK] Version 13
Comments: To: "Weeks, Kyle" <kweeks@spss.com>

Mary,

It's true that SPSS 13.0 will read all previous SPSS files but it's output is not compatible with earlier versions of SPSS. This is a big pain for those of us who consult and send our output to others. I have begun sending the output in Adobe Acrobat format. You need to have the full verson of Adobe Acrobat to produce theis type of file (PDF) or you can get an open source verison of a PDF creator from the following web address:

http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/

Another simple alternaative is to export your output to an HTML version. This can be done from the 'File' menu within SPSS.

-- Michael Kruger "A True Prince" Statistical Analyst C.S. Mott Center Dept. of OB/GYN Wayne State University School of Medicine (313)-577-1794