Date:         Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:06:22 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         William Dudley <william.dudley@nurs.utah.edu>
Subject:      Cluster analysis crashes SPSS

I am using SPSS 13 to run a cluster analysis with N = 575 and number if variables = 10. This is hierarchal cluster analysis with Ward's method. After about 20 minutes, I get a note from the System that SPSS has created errors and will shut down.

This analysis runs fine in SAS and STATA. I wonder if there is some problem with the use of Memory in SPSS?

Thanks Bill

William N. Dudley, PhD Emma Eccels Jones Nursing Research Center

University of Utah

College of Nursing

10 South 2000 East

Salt Lake City, UT 84122-5880