Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:49:39 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Art Kendall <Art@DRKENDALL.ORG>
Subject:      Re: values macro?
Comments: To: c halbert <cchalbertmph@YAHOO.COM>

You most likely do not need a macro. Three ways are If you have a relatively new version of SPSS under Windows use APPLY DICTIONARY or INSERT

in any version the old way works. This is one example.

Save all your current work, then open a new instance of SPSS. cut and paste this syntax into a syntax window and save it as 'D:\project\card names.sps'. value labels acard ' 1' 'Ace' ' 2' 'Duece' ' 3' 'Trey' '10' 'Ten' ' J' 'Jack' ' Q' 'Queen' ' K' 'King'.

Save all your current work, then open a new instance of SPSS. Cut-and-paste then run the syntax at the end of this message.

Hope this helps.

Art Art@DrKendall.org Social Research Consultants University Park, MD USA (301) 864-5570