Date:         Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:20:03 -0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Hector Maletta <hmaletta@fibertel.com.ar>
Subject:      Re: Frequencies into percentages
Comments: To: Cristina Howorun <tinahoworun@hotmail.com>

Christina, 1. CROSSTABS, the command producing contingency tables, as well as TABLES and CTABLES which produce more sophisticated custom tables, have the option of showing either absolute frequencies or percentages (or both) in the cells of a table. Percentages may be computed relative to the row totals, to the column totals, or the table's grand total. These frequencies or percentages do not usually include cases with missing values, unless you take steps to include them as well (which is also an option). 2. Read the manuals and some basic book about SPSS, and use intensively the HELP system in its various aspects. Regarding books I would recommend Marija Norusis' SPSS Guide to data analysis (get the latest version of the book, or the one corresponding to your version of SPSS). Hector

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Cristina Howorun Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:49 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Frequencies into percentages

Hello;

I was wondering if anybody knows how to display the percentage as well as the numbers of a variable in a crosstabulation- i.e. 25 cases are classified as "neutral" but what is the actual percentage?

ALSO- I'm pretty lost with SPSS- does anybody have a recommendation on how I can really hone my data analysis skills?

Thanks!

Cristina Howorun Event Co-ordinator Play for Paediatrics 416-454-4595

_____

Help protect your PC with Virus Guard from MSN Premium: <http://g.msn.com/8HMBENCA/2731??PS=47575> Join now and get the first two months FREE*