Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:48:51 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Terri Akey <takey@yprg.org>
Subject:      Specifying tests of effects using SPSS mixed models

I am specifying the following two level model and want to test the level-2 interaction effect using SPSS mixed models. I typically do this in HLM or SAS, but need to use SPSS for this analysis

Level One: Students

Level Two: Cohorts

Where:

Yijk = the outcome for student i in cohort j from school k, XMijk = baseline characteristic M for student i in cohort j from school k, eijk = a random error term for student i in cohort j from school k, SKjk = one for all cohorts from school K and zero for all others, FNjk = one for all cohorts representing follow-up year N and zero for all others, Pjk = one for all cohorts from the program school and zero for all others.

Can someone please help me out with the command syntax for this? Thanks in advance

T. Akey, Ph.D. Youth Policy Research Group, Inc. takey@yprg.org