Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:11:06 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Colin Valdiserri <Colin_Valdiserri@marketstrategies.com>
Subject:      Re: choice-based conjoint in SPSS?
Comments: To: michael healy <healym@earthlink.net>

My experience with Orthoplan is somewhat limited, but I have been using more frequently for quick "grass roots" type conjoints. I do not see a capability for Orthoplan to generate a choice-based design, only a full-profile, traditional, main effects orthogonal design. A couple other limitations I haven't found a work around for Orthoplan are including restrictions in the design, and the creation of multiple versions of a design to be merged with the conjoint analysis.

The only other option I am familiar with creating a CBC design is to do it manually through a program like S-Plus.

Colin M. Valdiserri, M.A. Marketing Sciences Analyst Marketing Sciences Group Market Strategies, Inc. Phone: (734) 779-6826 Fax: (734) 542-7620

michael healy <healym@earthlink.net> Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 02/02/2005 03:41 PM Please respond to michael healy <healym@earthlink.net>

To SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Subject Re: choice-based conjoint in SPSS?

I asked a similar question last week but dind't get a definitive answer. The analysis can be conducted using the multinomial logistic procedure. I am unsure, however, whether the ORTHOPLAN module can design choice-based experiments. Mike

Nico Peruzzi <nperuzzi@gmail.com> Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 02/02/2005 02:55 PM Please respond to Nico Peruzzi <nperuzzi@gmail.com>

To SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Subject choice-based conjoint in SPSS?

I'm gathering the the SPSS Conjoint model is set up to handle full-profile conjoint, but what about discrete choice modelling (Choice-based conjoint)? Is there another module that will handle this, or have people turned to other software?

Thanks, Nico

-- Nico Peruzzi, Ph.D.