Date:         Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:37:01 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Peck, Jon" <peck@spss.com>
Subject:      Re: SPSS Analysis Plan file type
Comments: To: Patricia Cleland <Patricia.Cleland@EQAO.com>

Yes, this is a file type used by the Complex Samples procedures. You can design a sample or analyze an existing dataset resulting from a complex sample design. In both cases, you create a plan file via the gui or syntax that describes the actual or intended design. This file is then used to draw the sample and/or to define the sample to the analysis procedures so that you don't have to respecify the sampling design every time you run an analysis.

Regards, Jon Peck

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Patricia Cleland Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:53 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: [SPSSX-L] SPSS Analysis Plan file type

Dear Listers,

In searching for a file using Windows search, I noticed in the Advanced Options that 'SPSS Analysis Plan' was listed as a file type. I've never heard of such a thing and when I searched the Help topics in SPSS, nothing came up. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

Pat ------------------------------------------------------------- Patricia Cleland, Ph.D.,C.Psych. Assessment Officer Assessment and Reporting Education Quality and Accountability Office 2 Carlton Street, Suite 1200 Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2M9

Phone: 416-314-7950 Fax: 416-325-0831 Email: patricia.cleland@eqao.com