Date:         Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:05:34 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Gruen, Robert" <bgruen@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: SPSS Analysis Plan file type

I was reminded that the entry for plan file comes from the syntax documentation which is included in the help in the SPSS 14 development version I'm running but not in the SPSS 13 version currently available.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Gruen, Robert Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 12:49 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SPSS Analysis Plan file type

This raises an interesting question. If you have Complex Samples, then the help system includes an indexed entry for plan file. We assume that most users prefer not to have help for options they don't have and so build help dynamically. If we offered an option to include all help, would many people want it?

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Peck, Jon Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 10:37 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SPSS Analysis Plan file type

Yes, this is a file type used by the Complex Samples procedures. You can design a sample or analyze an existing dataset resulting from a complex sample design. In both cases, you create a plan file via the gui or syntax that describes the actual or intended design. This file is then used to draw the sample and/or to define the sample to the analysis procedures so that you don't have to respecify the sampling design every time you run an analysis.

Regards, Jon Peck

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Patricia Cleland Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 9:53 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: [SPSSX-L] SPSS Analysis Plan file type

Dear Listers,

In searching for a file using Windows search, I noticed in the Advanced Options that 'SPSS Analysis Plan' was listed as a file type. I've never heard of such a thing and when I searched the Help topics in SPSS, nothing came up. Does anyone have any idea what it is?

Pat ------------------------------------------------------------- Patricia Cleland, Ph.D.,C.Psych. Assessment Officer Assessment and Reporting Education Quality and Accountability Office 2 Carlton Street, Suite 1200 Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5B 2M9

Phone: 416-314-7950 Fax: 416-325-0831 Email: patricia.cleland@eqao.com