Date:         Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:17:26 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sam <SAM.MICHALOWSKI@DOMINO1.CUNY.EDU>
Subject:      How Can I Do Repeat an Index?

Hi there.

I am trying to index variations of address information (e.g. Avenue, Street, Blvd) using DO REPEAT without any luck. The syntax below only returns the last good value (ie. it writes over values with a 0). Any suggestions? I think I need a BREAK or DO IF somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Sam Michalowski Research Analyst Office of Institution Research and Assessment City University of New York

NUMERIC PSTRTYPE (F2). DO REPEAT LOCATE = ' AVEN' , 'AVE ' , 'AVENUE' , 'STREE' , 'STREET' , ' ST' . COMPUTE PSTRTYPE = INDEX (ADDR1, LOCATE). END REPEAT. EXE.