Date:         Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:40:59 +0100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sakari Lemola <sakari.lemola@psy.unibe.ch>
Subject:      df-question in a repeated measures GLM (multivariate)
Comments: cc: Carola Smolenski <carola.smolenski@psy.unibe.ch>

Dear list

We have got a problem with multivariate multifactorial repeated measures analysis of Variances (GLM): First we got outputs on "multivariate Tests" (between and within-subjects) Secondly we got the Mauchly's Test of Sphericity Thirdly we got "tests of within-subjets Effects" and there again is an overview on the multivariate within-subjects effects. And here comes the point: the Error-df-values (and herewith the F-values and p-values) are very different from the values we got under "multivariate Tests" (The Error-df-values are more than 4 times higher!).

Does somebody know what happened? Which values should we take if there are such differences?

Thank you very much for any help!

Sakari Lemola & Carola Smolenski -- Sakari Lemola, lic.phil. Institut für Psychologie, Universität Bern Muesmattstrasse 45, CH-3000 B E R N / Switzerland (+41) 31 631 4033