Date:         Sun, 6 Feb 2005 09:35:12 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Anthony Babinec <tbabinec@ameritech.net>
Subject:      Re: comparison of results from OLS and logistic regression
Comments: To: Frank Thomas <news.ftr@free.fr>

Scott Long's book devotes a lot of attention to ways of standardizing coefficients in various logistic regression models, as well as interpreting effects. Menard's article is a recent treatment of the topic.

See J. Scott Long's book: "Regression models for categorical and limited dependent variables" published by Sage.

See "Six approaches to calculating standardized logistic regression coefficients" by Scott Menard in The American Statistician, vol 58, number 3, pages 218 ff.

Anthony Babinec

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Frank Thomas Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2005 7:49 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: comparison of results from OLS and logistic regression

I have the following problem: I have to establish a comparison table with the influences found significant from a series of regression analyses. I have to compare the strength of the B and betas from OLS with those of logistic regressions. Is there a method to calculate the results (Bs and betas) from logistic regression so that I can compare the strength of their influence ? I dont find sources on the web which can help me in this work.

Thank you, Frank Thomas

-- ...................... Dr. Frank Thomas FTR Internet Research Rosny, France

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.300 / Virus Database: 265.8.5 - Release Date: 03/02/2005