Date:         Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:56:45 -0300
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Hector Maletta <hmaletta@fibertel.com.ar>
Subject:      Re: Simple line graph
Comments: To: "Baglioni, Tony" <ajb2t@comm.virginia.edu>

Tony, Produce the scatterplot. Then doubleclick on it to edit the graph. In the editing menu go to Design - Options, then select adjusting a line. You have a choice of shapes for the line (linear, quadratic, etc). Regarding the dummy, the regression command does not produce separate lines in the same plot as far as I know. But you can produce it with the GRAPH command specifying: GRAPH /SCATTERPLOT(BIVAR)=var1 WITH var2 BY dummyvar. The chart will show points with different colours according to the dummy's value. Adjusting line will produce the two lines you want.

Hector