Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:27:34 -0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jones Martyn <Martyn.Jones@UK.FUJITSU.COM>
Subject:      Re: Excel Workbook

Jules

Other have suggested that you push the data into Excel from SAS. This means that you have to ensure that you have pushed the latest data into the workbook before you can use it. Each time the raw data changes, you will have to update the spreadsheet - even if you may never use the workbook again, just in case you do.

If you pull the data into Excel via ODBC, you can be certain that when you view the workbook, you are seeing the current state of the data....as long as you set the refresh on open option on the query. And you only need to update the spreadsheet when you need to.

Just my humble opinion.

Martyn -----Original Message----- From: Bosch, Jules [mailto:jules.bosch@SPCORP.COM] Sent: 10 February 2005 12:55 To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Excel Workbook

SAS V8.2 W2K

I have three separate SAS data sets that I would like to export to Excel and end up with three spreadsheets in an Excel workbook. How may I accomplish this with SAS?

TIA,

Jules Bosch

********************************************************************* This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- Please immediately and permanently delete.