Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:40:11 -0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Philip Mason <phil@WOODSTREET.ORG.UK>
Subject:      Problem using ODBC to SPSS

I use the following code libname x odbc NOprompt= "dsn=spss; dbq=C:\Program Files\SPSSEVAL";

and can then bring up a list of the SPSS data in the directory I point to. I then try to read it in but get the following error...

ERROR: CLI Prepare Error: [SPSS Inc.]{SPSS ODBC Driver]Driver not capable SQL statement: SELECT * from guttman. X.guttman cannot be opened. Do you want to select a different table to open?

Does anyone know why this happens and how to get past this error?