Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:30:51 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jack Hamilton <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: SAS Multi language support
Comments: To: Ravi M <ravi.manne@WIPRO.COM>

At 03:13 am 2/8/2005 -0500, Ravi M wrote:

>Hi, >I have a question regarding SAS multi language support. Can any one suggest >me on this... > >I have an application in which the front end was developed in Java and >using the power of SAS analytics and graphs in the backend. > >If my application has to support multi langugaues (like french, spanish, >english etc.,), if I make the necessary changes in the front end java code, >will it be sufficient or do I need to have multi language SAS server >installation?

If the user doesn't interact directly with SAS, changing the Java code should suffice. SAS doesn't change its keywords, only its messages, in different languages. You'd have to change titles and so forth.

If you were using a non-European language (DBCS or Unicode) the answer might be different.

----- Jack Hamilton jfh@alumni.stanford.org Sacramento, California