Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:28:17 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         François <Noadress@NOSPAM.FR>
Subject:      Re: viewing Excel output on internet--SAS inter/net

nevin a écrit : > Thanks to all that have responded..Just one quick dumb question..I have > never used png nor have i saved an excel chart as either..how do i do > this? when i click on the chart in excel and go to file, save as, there > is no option for either?

Hi,

Basicaly, to save an XL shart as GIF file, you must save the whole wokbook as html page through "save as". This will create a directory containing each graph sheet as a GIF file and plenty of other stuff including a css style sheet.

If you have several graphs in your XL template and using DDE, you may wish to have a VBA macro in the XL template to do the "save as" and run the macro from Sas.

Following is à link to an XL site that gives on example of VBA code to export a Chart as GIF file. (I tested it on XL 2000, works fine !)

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm goto "ExptChrt.zip"

HTH