Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:45:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Harry Droogendyk <harry.droogendyk@RBC.COM>
Subject:      Re: creating autoexec for documentation header

Evidently you didn't read the archive link I supplied. It's on the short-cut that invokes SAS.

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of nevin Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:36 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: creating autoexec for documentation header

Thank you all for your useful tips..I finally got it working though not with the keyboard macros approach..Instead, i created an autoexec with my document header included..then i saved it to C:\program files\sas\sas9\autoexec.sas (as mentioned in the first reply) Only this time i remembered to alter the target of the sas shortcut on my desktop to point to the autoexec..And it works!!! but now Harry has peaked my interest in macro keys...i have tried to follow the post regarding the -rsasuser option, but am not sure how i go about editing this option..Where is this option located and how do i edit it? Thanks again for all your help, Nevin

Harry Droogendyk wrote: > At least two possibilities: > > 1) You don't have "Save Settings on Exit" checked in Tools/Options/Preferences > 2) And/Or SAS is invoked without write access to the SAS profile > a) because it was the 2nd or subsequent concurrent SAS session > b) -rsasuser option was set on invocation > > See http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0502c&L=sas-l&F=&S=&P=42465 for a discussion on -rsasuser and saving profile changes ( ie. like keyboard macros assigned keys, window sizes/position etc... ) > > Note that link may wrap and require reconstruction. > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of > nevin > Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:35 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: creating autoexec for documentation header > > > Hello, > > Just a followup question..i created the keyboard macro as described in > Harry's post, it worked fine when i used the macro within a current > session (that is, immediately after the macro was created.) however if > i shutdown my computer and then invoke sas again, then try my assigned > keys, it does not work..when i go to view my macros it is still > there..What is going on? Thanks, nevin > > Harry Droogendyk wrote: > > I think I'd set this up with a keyboard macro triggered by a > combination of keys, Ctrl-Alt-H, for example, H for header. > > > > In the Enchanted Editor, Tools, Keyboard Macros, Record New Macro. > Key away to your heart's content ( make sure you place your cursor > where you want to start your customization of the header template ), > Tools, Keyboard Macros, Stop Recording, name it appropriately, Tools, > Keyboard Macros, Macros, Assign Keys, select the macro you just > recorded, click in the "Press new shortcut key" input box, hit > Ctrl-Alt-H, click Assign, Click Ok, Close. > > > > Whenever you want the header template, Ctrl-Alt-H, voila, there it > is. > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of > > nevin > > Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 1:33 PM > > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > > Subject: Re: creating autoexec for documentation header > > > > > > Thanks for the response, > > > > I have tried what you said, and when i invoke sas, the header does > not > > appear..Strangely enough, the log says > > > > Note : AUTOEXEC processing beginning; file is C:\program > files\sas\sas > > 9.1\autoexec.sas > > Note : AUTOEXEC processing completed. > > > > > > > > So it looks like it is sort of working, but no header is > > appearing..Thanks, nevin > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Rune Runnestø wrote: > > > I use an autoexec.sas file for example to define the libraries I > use > > at > > > present. I use Windows XP too, and I have placed the autoexec.sas > > file > > > on this path: > > > > > > "C:\Programfiler\SAS\SAS 9.1\autoexec.sas" > > > > > > Rune > > > > > > > > > > > > nevin wrote: > > > > Hello all, > > > > > > > > I am wondering how to configure sas so that when i open sas from > > > > program files it pulls up the editor with my documentation header > > > > already in the editor. I think i go about this by creating an > > > > autoexec.sas file with my header info stored in it..Once created > > > though > > > > where do i put it so that it automatically invokes when sas is > > > opened? > > > > > > > > I am using SAS varsion 9 on windows XP.. > > > > Thanks for your help, > > > > Nevin > > > > > > ------------------------------------------------------------ > > > > This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender > does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, > use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other > than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail > in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. > > > > Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. > L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y > rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des > renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) > destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier > électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par > retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen. > > > > ============================================================ > > > ------------------------------------------------------------ > > This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately. > > Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen. > > ============================================================