Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:36:58 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gerhard Hellriegel <ghellrieg@T-ONLINE.DE>
Subject:      Re: Creating dynamic Mainframe dataset using libname

Yes, you'r mixing up something. Do not use a filename to allocate a SAS library! Use a LIBNAME to do so. Something like:

1 libname test "int5112.sas.xxx" disp=new space=(CYL,(10,2)); NOTE: Libref TEST was successfully assigned as follows: Engine: V8 Physical Name: INT5112.SAS.XXX

should assign a new library. Depending on your system it might be necessary to add some other parameters. But try to keep it simple like that first, then ask your systemers what you have to add to get it to work. Refer to the SAS online help or to the SAS Companion for zOS (or MVS) for examples how to tell your libname statement, how to do.