Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:22:19 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Fritz Consulting <fritzconsulting@patmedia.net>
Subject:   GLM TEST subcommand - specify error term

Hi, I am using GLM/UNIANOVA with a model that contains fixed and random effects (there are some specific reasons why I don’t want to use the MIXED procedure). I would like to force SPSS to use the MSError as the error term for testing the significance of some model terms. I have tried to use the syntax shown below, but I get an error message that the word ‘Error’ is not allowed in the /TEST subcommand, possibly because ‘Error’ is not a term listed in the /DESIGN subcommand. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to force SPSS to use the MSError term for testing hypotheses in GLM/UNIANOVA. UNIANOVA Sour BY Product Rep Judge /RANDOM = Rep Judge /METHOD = SSTYPE(3) /INTERCEPT = INCLUDE /POSTHOC = Product ( TUKEY ) /CRITERIA = ALPHA(.10) /TEST = judge VS Error /TEST = rep VS Error /DESIGN = Rep Judge Product Judge*Rep Product*Rep Judge*Product . Thanks, Carl Fritz