Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:44:18 +0100
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Spousta Jan <JSpousta@CSAS.CZ>
Subject:   Sorting matrices

Hi all,

My question is, whether it is possible to sort matrices in the MATRIX - END MATRIX command by a given column. E. g. I have this 2x4 matrix:

A = 2 5 4 3 7 2 6 8

and, sorting by the second column, I would like to obtain this matrix:

B = 7 2 4 3 2 5 6 8

of course without ending the matrix command and using the "regular" SORT CASES BY.

(It would be enough to know how to sort matrices by the first column - I am able to re-arrange the matrix before the sorting.)

Greetings

Jan