Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Mar 2005 15:00:29 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Penfold, Robert" <PenfoldR@pediatrics.ohio-state.edu>
Subject:      write syntax with excel

Thought I would pass along something that I tried . . . If you have a table of values generated in excel and you want to recode a variable in SPSS with these values just copy and paste the table into the syntax editor. You can even use the "copy down" function in excel to write the IF statements. There's probably a more sophisticated way to do this but I was surprised that the syntax editor could handle tables pasted from excel without any problem. Rob _________________________________________________ Rob Penfold, PhD Postdoctoral Fellow Office of Clinical Science Columbus Children's Hospital 700 Children's Drive, room J1413 Columbus, OH, 43205-2696 (614) 722-3589 voice (614) 722-3544 fax