Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:40:24 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Andreas N. Andreou" <aandreou@onebox.com>
Subject:      Re: Sorting variable means broke in groups
Comments: To: Art@DrKendall.org

Thanks Art,

I tried your advise but I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Basically I am using "Case:Summaries" command to generate a mean for each variable I have and group them into different clusters based on a group variable. This is the command syntax. How can I rank the variables in each group? I am not very familiar with the syntax command in SPSS so I appreciate any help you can give me.

I have also tried "Report Summaries in Rows" but still I don't get the option to rank the variables. Is there any analysis procedure from the toolbar that allows me to perform my task?

SUMMARIZE

/TABLES=skill1 skill2 skill3 skill4 BY sample

/FORMAT=NOLIST TOTAL

/TITLE='Case Summaries'

/MISSING=TABLE

/CELLS=MEAN .

Thanks again for your help.

Regards, Andreas "Decoding DNA might be the Book of Man...Decoding Social DNA might be the Book of Humanity."

Andreas N. Andreou Associate Research Director Institute for Knowledge and Innovation 1776 G Street, NW Suite 101 Washington, DC 20052 Tel: 202-994-2951 Fax: 202-994-0245 E-Mail:aandreou@gwu.edu www.gwu.edu/~iki ----- Original Message ----- From: "Art Kendall" <Art@DRKENDALL.ORG> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.spssx-l To: <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:43 PM Subject: Re: Sorting variable means broke in groups