Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:56:02 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Pudding Man <pudding.man@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: REXX and SAS interface....
Comments: To: Kanthan <airaha_m@rediffmail.com>

In case your Rexx routine proves to be a problem, you can do a Rexx-less verification using FILEEXIST, if I've properly digested the problem.

Here is a z/os batch SAS 8.2 log that demo's:

2 %macro bs(fn=); 3 %if %sysfunc(fileexist(&fn)) %then 4 %put The external file &fn does exist.; 5 %else 6 %put The external file &fn does not exist.; 7 %mend bs; 8 9 %bs(fn=xxxxx.DUM) The external file xxxxx.DUM does exist. 10 %bs(fn=yyyyy.DUM) The external file yyyyy.DUM does not exist. 11

Skoal, Puddin'

"A truly good birddawg, even if you never hunt her, is a Precious, Precious Thing! Mayhap ruin ya for homo sapiens ..."

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:51:47 -0800, Kanthan <airaha_m@rediffmail.com> wrote: > Hi SAS-L, > > I need help in interfacing to REXX from SAS. The SAS online document v8 > says that I can use REXXMAC and REXXLOC= (SASREXX DD name) to interface > with REXX. > > I have tried the REXXMAC and REXXLOC= options and successfully called > my REXX script from my SAS program. But I am not able to call back, > i.e, I am not able to submit SAS statements from my REXX script. > > I have tried the following program. Could you please go through it and > give me ur suggestions/answers. I have submitted a batch job in > mainframe... > > //S10P EXEC SAS8 > //SASLOG DD SYSOUT=* > //SASLIST DD SYSOUT=* > //SASPARM DD DUMMY > //SASREXX DD DSN=SASTST.REXX.PROGRAMS,DISP=SHR > //SYSOUT DD SYSOUT=* > //SYSIN DD * > OPTIONS REXXMAC; > REXX1 SASTST.REXX.SAMPLE; > > The REXX script is: SASTST.REXX.PROGRAMS(REXX1): > /* REXX */ > PARSE UPPER ARG FNAME . > RETCODE = LISTDSI("'"FNAME"'") > IF RETCODE = 0 THEN DO > ADDRESS SAS "++SASLOG" FNAME "ALREADY EXISTS" > END > ELSE DO > ADDRESS SAS "++SASLOG" FNAME "DOESNOT EXISTS" > END > EXIT > -------------------------------------------------------- > > To be more clear, what I am trying to do is: > I submit a batch SAS program in which I call a REXX routine REXX1. From > inside the REXX routine, I am trying to invoke the SAS command > processor, which I can't do. I would like to expand the program to use > GETEXEC and PUTEXEC, etc... > > I picked this code from sas online doc v8, but not able to successfully > run it. When I submitted the above job, I got the following in SASLOG: > > NOTE: The initialization phase used 0.08 CPU seconds and 5325K. > 1 OPTIONS REXXMAC; > 2 REXX1 SASTST.REXX.SAMPLE; > > 2 ! > > NOTE: The SAS session used 0.10 CPU seconds and 5453K. > > I dont get any indication whether the REXX routine was called or not... > I didn't get any message writen in SASLOG...but I got the return code > of zero for the job... I am confused...!!! > > Can somebody please help me out in this ?? I want the message whether > the dataset is present or not to be writen in SASLOG. > > Thanks, > Kanthan. >