Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:22:11 -0400
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Debra Walke <tbuff@AOL.COM>
Subject:      spring activity

We've seen Rose-breasted Grosbeaks on the feeders for 4-5 days now. We've counted 4 males and 1 female so far. FOTY catbirds showed up yesterday-- two of them. My chick-a-dee family nesting in my "blue-bird" box have 4 new little additions. Mama chick-a-dee has been trying to keep them nice and warm with these colder temps for the last couple of days. The American Goldfinch numbers are increasing along with the number of House Finches, which means that the food level in the feeders are starting to go down more rapidly. I've only seen a hummingbird once about a week ago. Does anyone have them regularly at their feeders already this year. It would be sad if I didn't have hummers hanging around. Saw my first white- throated sparrow a few days ago.

Other birds who frequent my yard...

bluejays mockingbirds brown trashers red-bellied woodpecker downy woodpecker cardinals chick-a-dees towhees tufted titmouse chipping sparrows brown-headed nuthatch robins mourning doves

Occasional visitors...

pine warbler carolina wren chipping sparrow indigo bunting dark-eyed junco bluebird cedar waxwing red-winged blackbird flicker

red-shouldered hawk (beautiful, but probably not the best "advertisement" around your bird feeders)

Debra Walke Powder Springs, GA Cobb County