Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 4 Apr 2005 17:52:03 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Deleting SAS datasets
Comments: To: dan.schuster@CENDANT.COM

Dan,

This worked fine on my machine, XP SAS v9 on a Unix box:

%macro test ; %let ii = aa ab ac ad ae ;

%do i = 1 %to 5 ; data %scan(&ii,&i)_test ; x = 1 ; run ; %end ; data bb_test ; x = 1 ; run ;

%mend ;

%test

proc datasets ; delete a: ; run ;

Toby Dunn

From: Dan Schuster <dan.schuster@CENDANT.COM> Reply-To: Dan Schuster <dan.schuster@CENDANT.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Deleting SAS datasets Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 13:27:35 -0400 I am using SAS9.1 under EG on a UNIX server.

I have a library mylib with many files in it; I want to delete 25 files that all begin with dsh_myfiles. Is there an easy way using a wildcard to do this or some other method.

I usually use

proc sql;drop table dsh_myfiles_file1 ;quit;

to delete a file at a time but this is time consuming when there are many files to delete.

TIA