Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Apr 2005 09:52:33 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         shiling99@YAHOO.COM
Subject:      Re: caluating predicted value(outsample)
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

You may append you forecast x's values into the data set. The program will spit out a fitted/project value for any given x value when y is missing. Take a look the following example.

Another way is to save all parms into a table then calculate all forecasts in a data step. I believe you can save parms via ODS.

HTH

data t1; do i = 1 to 30; x=rannor(123); y=2+3*x+rannor(123); if i>=25 then y=.; output; end; run;

proc glm data=t1; model y=x; output out=t2 p=py r=err; quit;

proc print; run; luckyalis wrote: > Thank you so much! but I need to calculate the predicted value using > outsample. > That is the obs. not in the original sample which come up the estimated > model. > Can you help me and tell where I can find the documents? > > Thank you so much!!!! Much appreciated! > > puzzelalis