Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 May 2005 09:26:26 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Venita DePuy <depuy001@NOTES.DUKE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: OT: New (to me) Google Search feature
Comments: To: Nathaniel_Wooding@DOM.COM

The address to get there directly is scholar.google.com You can limit by publication date, among other things. I find it useful - I think it's been around only a few months. -Venita

Nat Wooding <Nathaniel_Wooding@DOM.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 05/13/2005 08:27 AM Please respond to Nathaniel_Wooding@DOM.COM

To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Subject OT: New (to me) Google Search feature

This morning, I noticed on the Google Advanced Search Page a reference to Google Scholar which is listed in the Topic-Specific Searches section at the bottom of the page. It limits search results to scholarly papers. I have not had time to do much playing with it but the appears to allow some time constraints as well as searching for a specific author. One feature that appears to be missing is the "search within" option but this is identified as a Beta product. One feature is that hits within the citations section are so marked.

Nat Wooding

----------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and/or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.