Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:05:59 +0100
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   David Lindsay <spss2002_4@sdresearch.com>
Subject:   Re: compute a new variable
Comments:   cc: Miller <miller@praxis.ca>

On 30 Jun 2005 at 11:12, Miller wrote:

> Hi, > > I need to compute a new variable based on another variable. I have not > been able to find the appropriate function . . and there may not be > one. I need to reduce a 10 point scale to 5.

What exactly are you doing? I would have thought that there is no theoretical justification to do this. You are likely to provide misleading information to your client.

Regards.

-- David Lindsay Significantly Different! Research, Reading,Berks. GB Market Research Services & Consultancy http://www.SDResearch.com/ Tel: +44 118 9403086 Mob: +44 7939 126 206