Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:48:03 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Kramer <kramer@JIMMY.HARVARD.EDU>
Subject:      Re: SAS/Intrnet implementation questions - Very Urgent

Hi, I agree generally with Jack's comments. I would say do not bother %tab2htm() just use ODS to display the html and send it to _webout. For the security question, you can set up SAS/Intrnet so individual users can authenticate against the server (at least on UNIX - not sure on Windows) using a pool service which is what we have done. Set up for this is a bit more complicated than a simple socket service. I don't believe there is a way to retrict certain reports to specific users. A simple way to implement this yourself might be just to authenticate users using a SAS program which gets called first by SAS/Intrnet and authenticates users against a database. This intermediate SAS program which is always called to perform the authentication could then passes the job off to the actual report program (through a macro call, %include statement, etc) assuming authentication was successful. You would have to make sure that the report authentication SAS program was the only SAS program in your authorized program library though (as specified in the proglibs statement of your proc appsrv procedure call used to start up the application server) though, otherwise a user could just change the _program variable and call any other SAS program in this directory bypassing this authentication program entirely. This is just a rough sketch of something you could try and would need to be fleshed out a bit more.

John