Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:10:43 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Alan Churchill <SASL001@SAVIAN.NET>
Subject:      Re: SAS to excel.
Comments: To: david <mcs@FIINTL.COM>

David,

See if you are allowed to execute .net apps on the sas server. If so, look at the paper I published last week on how to use VSTO to generate Excel spreadsheets (http://www.savian.net/utilities.aspx).

If not, search the threads for the sample I posted on generating XML for Excel spreadsheets. This keeps it 100% text based and therefore shouldn't throw up secuiryt issues.

Thanks, Alan

Savian "Bridging SAS and Microsoft Technologies" http://www.savian.net

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of david Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 12:38 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS to excel.

Elmaache, Hamani wrote: > If understood your question, I think the following code can help you, > but you should first open 'yourexcel' and name a sheet 'namesex ': > > > > FILENAME ddedata DDE 'excel|H:\temp\yourexcel\namesex !r8c1:r20c3'; > > DATA _NULL_; > FILE ddedata; > set sashelp.class; > PUT sex age name; > RUN; > > Hamani.

i can not use dde as all code must be submitted via a SAS server.

any other suggestions?

thanks

david