Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005)Back to main SHOREBIRDS pageJoin or leave SHOREBIRDS (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:14:26 -0400
Sender:       Shorebird Discussion Group <SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         bob zaremba <bobzarem@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Georgia shorebird sightings

Yesterday, Saturday July 30, I had my first shorebird flock away from the coast. I checked several turf grass farms in south Georgia and found very few birds. The largest group of birds was at a small part of a sod farm just east of Albany. I had a group of 42 Pectoral Sandpipers with a few Least Sandpipers. The only other birds seen yesterday were two Upland Sandpipers and one Pectoral Sandpiper at a sod farm just west of Marshallville in Macon County. Those were the first Upland Sandpipers I've seen this fall.

Thanks, Bob Zaremba Marietta, GA