Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:30:39 +0930
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kylie Lange <kylie.lange@flinders.edu.au>
Subject:      Re: Bonferroni adjustment Mann-Whitney U-tests
Comments: To: Marco van de Ven <mvenus82@yahoo.co.uk>

Hi Marco,

To display a number in a pivot table to more decimal places do the following:

1. Double-click on the table to start editing it. 2. Right-click on the cell (or cells) that you wish to change and select 'Cell Properties'. 3. On the 'Value' tab you can change the number of decimals to be displayed. If you increase it high enough you will see the actual digits in the p-value (eg, 0.000012).

However, if you are applying a manual Bonferroni adjustment you of course know that the adjusted p-value can only be smaller than the original. So if the original p-value (.000) was already less than 0.05 then the Bonferroni adjusted p-value will be as well.

Cheers, Kylie.