Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 7 Jul 2005 16:37:17 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Vishal Dave <VishalDave@Affina.com>
Subject:   Re: controlling decimals

Bob,

For formatting the final output, you have to create a script for changing decimal points. Another way is to create "custom table" (if you have SPSS tables) in SPSS. The sample code would be :

TABLES /FORMAT BLANK MISSING('.') /TABLES (LABELS) BY q2 /STATISTICS COUNT ((F5.0) 'Count' ) CPCT ((PCT7.3) '%' ) .

By changing 'PCT7.3' to required decimal point system, you will get frequency table values accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Vishal.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Bob Schacht Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 8:28 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: controlling decimals

I want to COMPUTE an hourly wage variable, say COMPUTE HrlyWage = V173/V175. But I want to set the decimals to 3 so that when I stipulate FREQUENCIES VARIABLES=HrlyWage /STATISTICS=STDDEV MEAN /ORDER= ANALYSIS. the frequencies are shown to 3 decimal places, not the (default?) 2. I can change the decimals manually in the Variable View, of course, but I want to automate this, and a sequence of other commands. How do I set the decimals for this variable in the syntax?

Thanks, Bob

Robert M. Schacht, Ph.D. <schacht@hawaii.edu> Pacific Basin Rehabilitation Research & Training Center 1268 Young Street, Suite #204 Research Center, University of Hawaii Honolulu, HI 96814