Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2005, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:35:48 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Choate, Paul@DDS" <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: proc means tip
Comments: To: David Fickbohm <davefickbohm@YAHOO.COM>

Thanks for the tip David. Autoname works with all the statistic keywords. I had always used the _numeric_ shorthand to get at all the numeric variables:

proc means data = sashelp.class noprint; var _numeric_; output out=yy sum= mean= std= / autoname; run;

Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of David Fickbohm Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 3:29 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: proc means tip

People, I have found a way to easily run a statistic against many varibables. proc means data = xx; by var(s); output out = yy; sum= / autoname; run; This will sum all numeric variables. It will add _sum to the end of each variable in the output dataset. I would assume it works with other statistics. Though I have not tested any.

I have found it useful.

Dave Fickbohm Use Technology to the Fullest 1250 45th st suite 200 Emeryville, CA, 94608 510 594 4151 voice

--------------------------------- Sell on Yahoo! Auctions - No fees. Bid on great items.